- For General Cleaning – use the dropper to add a few millimeters of plain rubbing alcohol (70-95% purity) to the glass reservoir and swirl, swish and rinse.
- For Partial Cleaning – put alcohol in the dropper and spurt it out in the micro-tubes directly several times to wash them.
- Use the dropper to add a few milliliters of plain rubbing alcohol (70-95% purity) to the glass reservoir
- Next power on the diffuser and let it run for five to ten minutes in order to clean the micro-tubes
- Dispense of the leftover alcohols and let your diffuser air dry
- Once it is dry the cleaning is done
- Remove the glass reservoir from the wooden base and place it in a large cup. This is to prevent any spillage or dripping
- Use the dropper with alcohol to squirt and to wash the micro-tube directly several times
- After you have done this, gently shake and swirl the glass reservoir with alcohol in it to achieve a thorough clean
- The shaking action will help to completely clear the micro-tubes. Afterward, dispense of the alcohol and allow the glass to dry. Once it is dry it is ready to use again
- Prepare a container with hot water (about 60 degrees C to 80 degrees C or 140 degrees F to 180 degrees F)
- Place the glass reservoir in the container with the hot water and add a small amount of mild dishwashing liquid
- The combination of the hot water and soap will act to remove any stainng, film or blockage that may have ocurred
- You may add more hot water periodically to achieve a more effective cleanse
- Soak in the detergent and hot water for at least thirty (30) minutes
- Take your glass reservoir out and gently wash with regular tap water. Then set the unit in a safe place to dry
- Once the glass reservoir is dry your cleanup is done!
Essential Oils and Your Pets
If you just recently purchased your diffuser and it suddenly stopped working, do not worry for half a second, we absolutely stand behind our products and we got YOU covered.
As you know, these diffusers are hand crafted to perfection with the highest grade of hard wood, and hand blown glass by master craftsmen. The Organic Aromas diffusers are very sturdy it will run for over 2000 hours at the least, but with proper maintenance, it can and it will run for over 4000 hours.
If you are encountering this problem, we are absolutely sure that this can be easily be solved and taken cared of by following our troubleshooting guide:
Can you hear a humming or buzzing sound?
Is the lights on?
What oils have you been using? Did you use any thick oils in the past such as Frankincense, Sandalwood, Myrrh, Benzoin?
Since your purchase, have you tried any cleanings??
If yes, what cleanings have you tried?
If no, there is a high probability that your diffuser is not broken but your glass reservoir is clogged. In this case, please perform the deep clean by soaking your glass reservoir in HOT boiling water, add a few drops of dishwashing liquid, agitate it a bit, and leave it for 20-30 minutes to let the oil residue loose. Please understand it may take 2-3 times of deep cleaning depending on the oil residue that is causing the clog in your glass. Please refer to this video for your reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IRYTwthqsI
To make sure that your base has not diminished its capacity, can you try plugging your base, remove your glass reservoir, turn the knob to the highest level, and place your finger in the hole with a rubber ring. Can you feel any air pressure in there?
Please let us know how everything works out after trying these troubleshooting techniques. If we are lead to a conclusion that you received a faulty diffuser, or glass we will replace it. Your diffuser is under 1-year warranty and we are here to give you your money’s worth.
We’d love to hear from you, and send us an email and we are more than happy to assist you.
Often it takes more than one cleaning to get tough clog in your glass reservoir. It will really depend on how tough or how bad the clog is in your glass reservoir.
In our years of experience with Organic Aromas Nebulizing diffusers we’ve come up with the most effective and extensive cleanings that we guarantee to clean even the toughest clog.
The best way to prevent this is to perform the cleanings regularly rather than wait for the problem to arise. We suggest you diffuse with Isopropyl Alcohol at least once a week, and perform the deep clean at least once a month.
Go ahead and try to perform the deep clean a couple more times till you get the clog out.
Please know that as long as there is air pressure in your base, even the slightest of air it means that your base is in perfect working condition and confirms that your glass reservoir does have a clog and it might take more than one cleaning to get it off. How do you check your pump? Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hyeR2PuiKM
You see, this is a common misconception from our customers. In fact, this isn’t a problem at all.
The visibility of the atomized particles is subject to weather, humidity, Barometric pressure, and temperature. That being said, it will not always be visible but does not mean that it is not working.
As long the scent is very potent, your diffuser is working magnificently. You may find the oils spewing on the side, and that is OK! 🙂 We have one like that working in our office and it is working tremendously well.
However, if there is not mist, and no scent at all, please perform the recommended cleanings and you should be able to get rid of any oil build up in your glass reservoir.